There are five benefits of China’s widespread air pollution, Lei writes:
1. Smog unites people against a common enemy.
2. It promotes equality, because it harms the lungs of both the rich and the poor.
3. Smog has opened people’s eyes to the price China has to pay for becoming the “world’s factory.”
4. It’s made people funnier because they have to use sarcasm and jokes to cope with it.
5. Learning about smog has increased people’s knowledge of meteorology, history, geography, and physics and even strengthened everyone’s use of the English language.http://www.takepart.com/article/2013/12/11/5-reasons-why-smog-good-you-according-one-chinese-journalist