One Less Orphan

This blog is a journal of our journey to Ellie Mei . She is an orphan living in an orphanage from ZhouKou, Henan, China.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Medical Exam Appointment Completed


Today we had our medical exam appointment which is required by the US Government.  Basically we tell them what their medical condition is (i.e. Ellie had hydrocephalus) and then show them the original and most updated medical reports from the orphanage.  She then has her temperature taken, ears-nose-throat briefly checked, weight taken, a doctor looks at her and makes any notes about scars/marks on her body, and then because she is 2 she had to have a TB test, which is horrible.  They take them from you and into a room with the doors closed and then you hear them screaming as they take their blood.  She hated the whole medical exam experience.

The best news of the entire day was that I took her to the medical exam alone and so she had to be with me, and she let me comfort her and hold her.  It wasn't much, she still didn't want to hold my hand, but she did let me comfort her.  As soon as we were back she turned to Grandma and Baba again, but it was so nice to know that when they aren't around, she will turn to me.  It was a start.  That was a tender mercy from God and helped heal my heart.  We will be ok!








No comments:

Post a Comment