One Less Orphan

This blog is a journal of our journey to Ellie Mei . She is an orphan living in an orphanage from ZhouKou, Henan, China.

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Heading to Guangzhou

Ellie had her first plane ride today from Zhengzhou to Guangzhou, our last stop before heading home on Friday.  It was so foggy that our flight was supposed to be delayed, but they were able to get u on the earlier flight, which had been delayed and left when we were originally scheduled.  The bus driver took us the back way because you could hardly see in front of you 20 feet and he wanted to be safe.  It took a little longer, but the wait at the airport was short.  Money Boy & Ellie took a nap on the way.

We had to say goodbye to Yisha and Vivian.  Oh, I will miss them!  Yisha had been our CCAI Rep during our adoption trip 2 years ago as well, and it was so good to see her.  She visited with me several times to encourage me and give me advice and support, seeing how difficult it has been to be so rejected by this precious girl whom I love so much.  I will be forever grateful for her wisdom and belief in my abilities.  This has been so much more difficult than our first trip, but I know it is the right thing and I know we have a little girl who is hurting more than I am.  I pray for her constantly.


Ellie hated the seat belt and figured out how to undo it before we even pulled onto the runway. She did well on the flight and Jake just held her during the landing so we didn't have to fight her.  She liked looking out the window, but really struggled once we came into our hotel room. Another big change with people she still isn’t sure about.  She fell asleep crying tonight.  She talks in her sleep, so I keep listening to her.  Hopefully this week she’ll be able to relax a little more and begin to bond better with me and the family as a whole.  She likes Monkey Boy, he plays with her and she responds well to him most of the time.  Grandma is next in line.  She is at least acknowledging Princess and me.  She knows I am the source of food, bottle, and drink and will call for Mama when she wants those, but baba still owns her heart.




  


No comments:

Post a Comment